Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello out there in Quiltyland!!



Well, the dust has settled after our ultrafun demo day. My favorite kind of day. I love to see everyone learning and munching and chatting and just getting the quilt buzz going.





I must say, I learned a lot, myself, especially about the Hexagon Block Ruler. I used to make scrap quilts in the old “broken dishes” or spider web” style, and this does the job so reliably.


You can see Tracy Windsor, who is responsible for our new web site, was Queen of Kanzashi…and oh boy these little flower templates are so cool. If you’re looking for hand work or car work, this may be the answer.


By far the craziest gadget, to me, is that itty bitty twister, which makes itty bitty blocks…rather simply, but still!!!

I just don’t speak that teeny tiny piecing language, but I admire those who do!












This weekend I’m going to take our check to the Gorilla Sanctuary in Morganton GA. I haven’t been in that area in a while and I can’t wait to see the gorillas.

This month, we will be able to send Operation Homefront over $1000 from several sales and events. Thank you all so much. We just do so little for our vets.

Blessings and straight seams to you all.
mah

No comments: